Monday, September 17, 2007

Fundraiser

I had this image printed out at 16 x 20, and then I matted and framed it. In turn, I donated this framed print to the fundraiser for the Children's Heart Institute Fund. This great organization raises money to help in the battle against children's congenital heart diseases. Their fundraiser is in the form of a silent auction this year. I am truly honored to have this opportunity to contribute to such a worthy organization. I wish them all the success in the world in their efforts!

The subject of this photograph is the Arboretum in Balboa Park, San Diego, California. It is a popular attraction, for visitors and residents alike. In person, this is a magnificent structure. It is also popular with people wanting to have their photograph taken. If you look carefully, to the right of the water and directly in front of the building, you will see a young lady in a formal dress. She is indeed young, fifteen years old to be exact. The day I shot this picture, she was celebrating her QuinceaƱera. If you click on the above photo, you will see a slightly larger version. There is an even larger version on my regular web site (www.dreamvisionarts.com).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sveet. Welcome to "blog." I've got mine set up at myspace, but I've been considering moving it to my server...it just keeps managing to not be a priority.